Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reflection of English 111

From the first day of class, I knew this class was going to be really laidback. English 111 helped me have an open mind about a lot of topics I didn’t think of before. From my political interests to controversies against graffiti, we discussed topics I never had much care about. This class allowed me to think outside the box and not just look at one side of a topic. I had to really dig deep and analyze in a way I’ve never analyzed before. Although the atmosphere in the class was really chill, the due dates of assignments were sternly set.

Throughout the semester, I learned to work independently and also work with others as well, especially in peer reviews. It allowed me to share my thoughts with others while encompassing a person’s opinion. Although some of the reading seemed pointless, they later found significant value in future lessons in themes and later topics. This year was also a presidential election year. So our class took advantage of that by including that into our reading. This got me to be more into politics even though I rarely pay attention to those things. Another subject we would talk about would be themes and synthesis papers. We watched movies to understand how movies can have common themes with books I haven’t even thought of.

During this class, I also did some presentations. These presentations help me to overcome fear I have with standing in front of people. It allowed me to talk about subjects I haven’t thought of before. By the last day of class, I was pretty comfortable with almost everyone in there. It was a fun experience, especially getting to know everyone there. By the end of the semester, I met great people and got websites to help me expand my writing skills. The class was definitely full of laughs every Monday and Wednesday.

Related Link
Writing Lab: Need Help?

Guide to: Grammar & Writing
Check Paper: TurnItIn.com

Image from: http://www.ashevilleneurofeedback.com/images/think_outside_the_box_brain_cp.jpg

No comments: